Old 07-23-2010, 11:18 AM
auntjo

Originally Posted by littlehud
I love your room. Can I come over and play. :-D :-D :-D Your quilts are great. Thanks for sharing.
& Jim's Gem, Rubinsml, Sewgull, & Earthwalker -

Sure come on over! But first I must tell you it does get warm as so far we've only had one duct cut into the existing plenum closet to feed the entire room. It's a converted double car garage we originally set up for my in-home daycare (which didn't fly here). We've gotten a lot done in there in turning it into my sewing room (around the pool table), but still on the list of things to do is additional ductwork from the current system that does the rest of the house. The first couple quotes we've gotten for the whole system are WAAAAAY to hi to be practical. The swamp cooler we used the first few years really isn't practical during our monsoon season. The ceiling fans keep air moving, and it's definitely way cooler than the 115 degrees we've been averaging outside, but the only thing between the inside & outside is 12"thick adobe walls & a layer of stucco, so I work in front of a fan in the Summer & a space heater in the Winter.

We just retrofitted all the windows in the house to dual-pane over Xmas - except the single pane french doors in the craft room (on the list also). A couple gals from our quilt guild are just dying to come over & try out the new machine even w/the warning. Will let you know after they've been here.

Of course now that I'm finally starting back up with my quilting & using the room for more than just storing my sewing stuff in, DH has started back up on a stained glass window project he moved into one corner a year or so ago when I put a quilt on the hand quilting frame out there to finally finish a 25yo WIP. Since he's out there w/me more now, figuring out how to cool/heat the room better may move up the list a little faster ...