View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Pati- in Phx

Originally Posted by cindyg
Now how clever are you???? to put those holly leaves on the edges of the Christmas tree. What a great idea. The blue and orange one - fantastic. Looks complicatged. And I love the purse. Thanks for showing us.
The Christmas tree is a modification of a pattern that uses 8" squares to make a bed size quilt. Several of us in one of my quilt groups modified the project to be a wall hanging using 4" blocks. The holly was part of the original, but I like the way it "softens" the edges of the HSTs to make it more tree like. I think I have pictures of this one before I embellished it with all the tree trimmings. (I actually made 3 of these, one for my sister and her family, and one in blues/whites/silvers for my brother and his Jewish family. <G>)

The Blue and Orange one is a bit complicated. It starts with a center block, on point. Those little tiny 9-patch units finish at 1 1/2" square. <G> Each round of blocks simplifies as the quilt builds from the center out. It is a pretty large quilt. But fun to make.

Thanks again,
Pati, in Phx