View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 11:30 AM
jackkip

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Originally Posted by jackkip
I have a quilt entered into this show. I have my fingers crossed. I would love to go, but it is just too far for me to go.
I did the same thing last year. Sent a quilt in (not for judging- just for display). It was too far for me to attend. An eldery quilt collector contacted me and others about buying their quilts. Can't speak for the others, but I sold mine to him. I am told he goes every year to buy more quilts. Wealthy, eccentric, and just likes to change his quilt displays in his home.

Good luck with your quilt! I think it's deserving of a blue ribbon!
Thank you JenniePenny. I would love to win a ribbon. Quilt shows are becoming an addiction for me. I end up spending so much money on shipping :( . My DH is so sweet and never complains.

As for selling my quilt, well I have already bartered that quilt. When I finished it, I had our kid's photography take pictures. He fell in love with it. He wants it to use for baby pictures. So he took the pictures and didn't charge me and I told him I would give him the quilt. Since I have no emotional attachment to this particular quilt, I thought it was a fair trade. Hopefully he will do more quilt photos. They turn out so much better than my cheap camera.