Thread: It's a Mystery
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 PM
hulahoop1

Originally Posted by Patched
Happened to me recently. My nephew and his bride had given me some wedding pictures. Brought them home and "put them up"(haha). Two days later when I thought of them again, could not find them. Usually put everything on dining room table that is important, until I can put it where it goes, Nope, not there. Looked on the dining room table, in my vehicle,under the seats, in the console, in the refrigerator(doesn't everyone keep their pictures in the frig). Honestly when came home with the pictures had some salads in my hands that needed to go in the frig so thought I might have put the pics in there also. Looked on the dining room table again. Went dumpster diving,trash day so trash was out by the street,just barely daylight out by the street in my housecoat and gown, hair uncombed digging through trash, NOPE. Back to house looked everywhere(obviously not), still did not find. Got new trash bag went to dumpster again, got top trash bag took it to the porch and went through it piece, putting pieces in new trash bag, still did not find. Took both trash bags back to dumpster, when I came in the house, the light bulb over my head came on, they were in the sewing room, sure enough I found them on my sewing table. You will find the muslin right after you go out and buy more.
While cleaning out Mom's house, my #2 sister got one of Mom's diamonds (stored in a little baggie). The rest of us four sisters didn't think to much of it until the next morning when #2 pitched a fit saying that it was lost. The rest of us, without a word, spent the next 4 hours combing thru the dumpster only to discover that the diamond had been safely placed in her purse. She very nearly got pitched into the dumpster....