View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Bubblegum0077

I just got my 6600 machine about a month ago. I used a Kenmore for 28+ years and buried it. This is one of the best machines I've ever used. It simply called my name at the quilt shop where I tested it.

This machine is very easy to use and the display on the front of the machine directs you every step of the way. If the settings aren't correct for your stitch, the machine will not sew. It will beep indicating that some of the settings should be adjusted.

My machine came with a large table area that I use most of the time. Great for balance with a large quilt.

Some feet don't come with the machine. If you plan to free motion you will need a free motion bobbin case. It helps distribute the bobbin and removes tension during the free motion process which prevents bird nests on the back of your fabric. Tonight I was free motioning and had this problem. So I am getting this case tomorrow. About $25 bucks.

The single hole plate is another necessity you will need especially for those small pieces you sew together. It keeps the corners from getting stuck or tearing up. You will also need to get a 1/4" foot which doesn't come with the machine. Go figure that one out. This machine is a sewing and quilting machine and this foot isn't automatically included. Both parts go for $45

I don't miss the free arm but a short while ago needed it to hem my husbands pants. I just inverted the pants to finish or I could have taken out my little Brother, but didn't feel like setting up another machine!

The manual is a no brainer. It simple to read, pictures and parts described. One of the best manuals I've seen in a long time.

The case of attachments is generous with feet for lots of specialties including screw drivers and brushes to clean the bobbin area. Spool covers and seam ripper, pkg of needles, twin needle, bobbins.

Another nice feature is the needle up/down, great for turning corners or adjustments. Auto start/stop if you want to avoid using the foot pedal. Good lighting.

I have spoken to a lot of quilt shop owners and they told me that Janome brand is one of the best machines on the market. They are considered workhorses and don't break down easily. Nice thing about Janome is that there are a range of machines to fit everyones budget. Best advice to you is buy the best machine your pocket can afford. The smaller Janomes can't handle heavy work loads like quilting or heavy sewing projects. That's why I got this machine. It can handle the output. This machine retails for $3000. If you can't afford it, check if there are floor models for sale or used models. Many people will trade their 6600 for the new one that just came out. Shop owners will be glad to sell you those.

If you buy from a shop owner they should offer you free lessons to learn how to use the machine. Take advantage of those if you are a newbie to sewing or quilting. Best of all the shop owners can make repairs on your machine without you finding a repair shop on your own. Some machines need to be shipped and that is costly. My machine can be repaired in the Lake City shop where I bought it.

Overall, I would highly recommend this machine. It is a professional sewing and quilting machine that will last for several years. Be sure to get it checked once a year as maintenance is crucial to it's outstanding performance.

Oh, and it's heavy too so get one of those wheeled cases if you plan to store it or travel with it.

I've attached several pictures to show you what you can expect upon your purchase of this jem

The lighted display where you will be advised how to set your machine. Even a selection of languages available on panel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72055[/ATTACH]

Janome Master Craft 6600 Professional Sewing and Quilting Machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72139[/ATTACH]

Selection for stitches, choice of modes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72140[/ATTACH]

How to thread the machine, monogram selections
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72141[/ATTACH]

Close up of the sewing plate and the dual feed foot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72142[/ATTACH]

back of the machine showing the dual device feed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72143[/ATTACH]

Dual thread spool pins
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72144[/ATTACH]

Clear and precise manual. Great pictures.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72145[/ATTACH]

Parts case, foot pedal and knee lifter. Hands free!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72146[/ATTACH]

All the attachments. Ooops left off the twin and quilting needles and free motion foot. This foot comes with the machine. Sorry it didn't make the pic
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72147[/ATTACH]

The machine without the table.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72148[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72050.jpe   attachment-72134.jpe   attachment-72135.jpe   attachment-72136.jpe   attachment-72137.jpe  

attachment-72138.jpe   attachment-72139.jpe   attachment-72140.jpe   attachment-72141.jpe   attachment-72142.jpe  

attachment-72143.jpe