View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 PM
susie0808

Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
Susie,

What a great method to pay down that mortgage. Maybe I will do the same -- I have a stockpile of food to last a good long time for just DH and me. I wonder how much I could accumulate just by buying fresh produce and milk (DH drinks lattes. . .). OK, I'm gonna do it. Thanks for the inspiration!
Yes!!! Your Welcome!!! It is possible! Last year DH was laid off for a couple months. That time really put things in perspective. That was when we re thought alot of our spending.I cut spending in every direction. No more eating out 3 nights a week. No more coffee out. No more movie out too. It's not much but it adds up. I just look for ways to cut spending. I had always saved my change and rolled it. In 1 year I saved 677.00 dollars. Thats alot of change. It can be done. You just have to look for it. I even have a vegetable garden. The one vegetable I love is red peppers and there so expensive so I grow as many as I can then freeze them. I will have them all year long.

One thing I have done for quite some time was budget myself on my fabric spending. i don't need to, I just want to.I like seeing my money grow. We live a quieter life style but like it that way. I can go on and on about this. :thumbup: