Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Grandma12

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Grandma12: How do you do your hair like that. I have long hair, and tried for years to figure out how to have that braid crown. Please teach me. You are a beautiful lady, all 40+ pounds less of you. You've been a friend to all. And your poetry is to die for. Love being your friend, Gwyn
braid from center back at angle...so left braid can go around right side of head...and visa versa.

Then pin in place...the hardest part to do myself is the small extra bit in the back...usually finish things off with a big clip on bow..to cover the messy beginning/end.

But while I was in the hospital, the staff all claimed to not know how to brush out or wash long hair...and it became so snarled and nasty, it all got whacked off...so does not even cover my neck at this point in time.

I feel so naked and shhh ugly...without my hair.
I have not sported short hair in about 30 years...although I was regularly cutting off 18 inches each year and giving it to "locks of love" for children who have lost their hair to cancer...just gets too long to manage well...drags in potty water if your not careful...wraps around neck while sleeping if I toss & turn...

But if God above grants me life...it will grow back.

Another hair style that is easy-weasy...
the waist band from old panty hose...cut it off to preserve the elastic band plus a few inches...

wear on head with hair all coming out the back...then roll/tuck the length into the extra for a bun that crowns the head as well...
looks very special.