Thread: Success!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Lady Shivesa

I feel like shouting for joy!

As a few of you may know, I'm a newbie to quilting. I've yet to make my first quilt. Well today my MIL came over, brought me tons of fabric - scraps and larger pieces - as well as tools (rotary, cutting mat, ironing board, etc). She showed me how to piece together the rail fence (is it rail fence or fence rail?).

Together we ironed, measured, cut, sewed and pressed about 10 parts for the rail fence (they weren't whole blocks, haven't got that far yet...I'm talking about sewing three strips together to form a fourth of a block).

She left a little while ago and I did nine more. I ran out of fabric to do anymore, but as it stands I've got either a nice little wall hanging-to-be or maybe a lap quilt-to-be.

So I said all of that to say that I'm SO excited about quilting! What a thrill I got when things began to make sense, and how much more exciting when I figured out I could do it on my own! This all may sound silly, but I think you all will understand. Can't wait for DH to get home so I can gush about how awesome this day has been!!