Old 07-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Question- We just bought a Singer 301 in a table. $50 It is not here yet but it is at the people who will take it down South for us. The person selling us told that it runs but it is not catching the bobbin thread. Any thoughts on this? Will we need to replace the bobbin area or could it be as simple as needing a cleaning or correct installation of the bobbin?

Also the belt and needed parts for the treadle are in the mail. This up coming week could be fun!!!!

Eyeballing a treadle 96K no spare parts but they want $150. Should I go after it? First one I have seen with a reverse. It is plain and has a modern style base with simple 5 drawer cabinet but looks nice from the pictures. I think this machine is a tailors machine originally? Maybe Billy can tell me. I could find very little on it but my guess is it is made in Scottland because of the K. See a lot of machines down here with the K. Can you hear I am pretty interested in this one too. Hehehehe Dh says I can have it if I really want it but to me the price seems high. What would be fair for it? It is not working right now and has no manual or spare parts but I am pretty sure DH can get it humming in no time.