Old 07-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Scotlass

Originally Posted by nursie76
Well I GOT HER!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!
This afternoon, we were on our way to pic up my DH car from the shop when he said, "Let's go look at that treadle machine." I said, "Really? Let's go!"

Long story, short version - off we went. She is in a little rougher condition than I had thought from DH's pics, but I think she is nice anyway...and DH is determined to get her all shined up. There is some wear on the decals, so i can tell that she was well used. There are 2 extra bobbins and what I think is a button hole foot and a ruffler. I am fascinated by the shuttle mechanism that is used. I didn't know that they were made that way, but then, I know nothing of treadle machines, so DH and I both have a lot to learn. I did learn as Billy said, that they were copies of the Singer 27/127 and made by Domestic and then later White. The serial number is 491273, but can't seem to date her, but think it is early to mid 1900's.
I am soooo excited! I feel like I have a piece of history sitting in my dining room.

If anyone can give me more info on this sweetie, I would appreciate it.

And now, introducing you to......Maisie.
Oh my goodness, what a beauty....looks like Maisie is a perfect candidate for Billy's kerosene bath and polishing Tute.....those decals will just pop and she will shine with pride. Have fun!

Scotlass