Old 07-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Scotlass

Originally Posted by Scotlass
Originally Posted by nursie76
Originally Posted by Scotlass
Oh my goodness, what a beauty....looks like Maisie is a perfect candidate for Billy's kerosene bath and polishing Tute.....those decals will just pop and she will shine with pride. Have fun!
I was telling my DH that he needed to look at Billy's tute. One question, doesn't the kerosene harm the decals?
I was really careful at first too, Billy said the kerosene won't take the decals off and it doesn't. I still would start carefully and begin in an area where it really won't show and when you get to the polishing part just follow his directions and use gentle circular motions and lots of cotton balls. You will be amazed how much crud will come off of her and how beautiful she will be when you are finished.

Scotlass
I know your husband will read the tutes carefully, just a note...the kerosene is really needed to get all the old oil/varnish out of the workings, but you can't help but get it on the outside of the machine, just wipe it off everyonce in a while during the bath part and your decals should be just fine. Good Luck, it takes patience, but so worth it!