View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 09:45 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by Up North
Originally Posted by Doris Sumnicht
Another memory: Did your grandmother or mother collect Jewell-T serving dishes--cream color background, with heart shaped buds with brown, rosy pink, dark green leaves, orange and gold colors of the 1930s! I have had some reproduction pieces (one a commerative teapot with matching salt and pepper, 2002) while two sisters collected authenic pieces for a time. What about Watkins vanilla, sold through traveling sales representative? I would love to get another Fuller hair brush, sold the same way.
My mom used to sell Stanley products, I remember the Jewel T man coming to the house too!!
I grew up in the San Fernando Valley (suburb of L.A.), and we had the Helms Bakery trucks come around every day. They sold all fresh baked goods; pies, cakes, different breads, donuts, etc. The back of the truck opened up, and the whole back of the truck was huge drawers the man would pull out so you could soo all the items. It was like a huge jewelry chest, and so fascinating to see what each drawer held. I remember standing next to my mother waiting to see what came next. she always bought us one donut each when she bought bread. We also had the Jewel T man, and the Fuller Brush man. Wow, what memories, hunh???