View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 12:18 AM
quilterguy27

I've read this entire post and most of the links and as confusing as it all sounds it's a wonder anybody could sell a quilt in today's market. It seems to me that there are only so many ways to make a block. You put that block together in a quilt and decide to sell it never knowing it was copywrited to start with and the next thing you know you are in trouble with the law. So it seems nobody can make and sell a quilt anymore. Sue Garman designs some beautiful quilts. I am following one of her BOMs on TheQuiltShow.com and I love last years BOM> I've also seen this very same quilt pattern made and photographed and sold by other designers as their original. Sounds to me like someone in this situation is infringing, but who did it first and who did the infringing? Way too scary. My brother wants me to make him a quilt and he wants to buy it. Although I know I could get away with it, would it be right? Would I be breaking the law? Maybe we should all just make quilts and donate them. No laws broken, problem solved.