View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:22 AM
woodchkr

Acouple of weeks ago I joined this quilting board. Many of you welcomed me and I really appreciate the many welcomes that you all gave.

At that time I also mentioned that I was a beginner quilter and was taking a class at my local Hancock store. Well I had my class yesterday and it was very disappointing. We were handed instructions for a table runner project, and told to ask for help if we needed it. Some class.....NOT!!! It was not a quilting class, more of a craft project to pay for something that could have been done on our own.

The caution I give all - ask more questions about content when you see an offer for a beginning quilting class and what you are actually supposed to learn and the content.

I am seriously considering asking for my money back. Oh and by the way - this was a SMALL room, probably 12 x 20 with 6 women, 3 tables, 2 people per table, CROWDED , we were elbow to elbow, tripping over one another and the store owner was also using it as a storage room which there were boxes stacked along 3 of the walls.

Needless to say - it was the pits and I learned nothing!! Uh yeah just wasted $35.00 for nothing on a project I could have probably done at home by following printed instructions.

For the beginners out there such as myself - insure you ask detailed questions about the content of a class so you don't waste your money and time. :(