View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I got my test blocks done. :wink: I'd show you pictures if I could, but no working camera on hand right now (it sucks, I know). I'll definatly show pictures of progress on the actual quilt.

The Virginia Reel block was easier than I thought and the points of my Pinwheel didn't quite match up (a couple got "eaten" in the seam). So I think its going to be okay. But I'm kind of skeptical if I'll get it done. I have three blocks to finish for this week (I went for the Virginia Reels) and I just have the red cut out for them (no black yet) and it took me a while to just get that cut out. And after this week I'm doing 2 blocks a day for four weeks. It took me a while just to cut out one fabric for three blocks...I'll have to do that like everyday. I'm not sure if I can do two blocks a day because of the time its taking to get them cut out and sewn together, but I'm gonna try. The only thing that's really going to slow me down is my great aunt/uncle's 50th wedding anniversery...three hours away from here. I'm gonna get a lot of templates traced out onto fabric the night before so I can do come cutting work in the car, but I can only do so much without a sewing machine. Hopefully it won't slow me down too much.