Old 07-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Wine Woman

FW are great machines. I wanted one for a long time and lost two on ebay. (outbid) So I watch Craig's list. That way I can see them and hear them run. This was my first machine ever that I felt comfortable working on. I bought my first one site-unseen but a hundred questions were asked! It came from WA and I'm in OR. It was trucked over and it was delivered the next day. It was like a baby being born! I was so excited as I had waited for a long time for one. The person that was loading it for me at the trucking company was as excited (due to my excitement I'm sure!)as I was! When he helped me open it he couldn't believe what a cute machine it was.

I have since added 4 more to my collection! They all have something special about them. Straited plate, scroll plate, Centenial and a white. Then there was one at an estate sale that I had to take to give a good home too. They are all special and they all hum so nicely. And yes I must say they are work horses. They will not let you down! They are the most precise stitching machines you can get. I used my Bernina to sew a flannel quilt and it wasn't doing real well. I pulled out my first FW and not a problem. I stitched so nice that the seams were beautiful! I haven't paid more than $200 for mine. My centenial was $75.00. Just watch and be patient. You can get them at a reasonable price.

I think every quilter should have one!