Old 07-25-2010, 07:57 PM
sew cornie

IRR II, which is finishing up right now, had 5 rounds of borders, each with a predetermined size: 3", 5", 6", 7", 8". Take the dimensions of your center and add the border dimensions to get your final quilt size. For example, my IRR II center was 24" square. It's final size will be 82" square. For IRR III, my center will be 15" square, equaling a finished size of 73" square (if the border sizes are as those mentioned above).
Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by sandpat
Since Terri is busy...I'll jump in and answer a few questions..

1. Yes...you can participate from UK...we'd LOVE to have you!
2. Your center can be rectangular...it can be any size up to 24" (finished) either or both ways. Just keep in mind that the 1st round will be 3"...so if you make it a dimension that is divisable by 3, it will make it easier to work with...other than that....get creative!
3. Generally when shipping international you can use the flat rate envelopes for the 1st couple of rounds, then you end up having to use the med. size flat rate box or the flimsy regular priority envelope due to the size. It usually runs around 20-25 bucks to ship near the end not including insurance.

I see the list is still growing :shock: :D
Since I have never done this could you tell me what you mean by the first round is 3"?Is each round given a specific size and if so how large does the top end up being?