View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
I'm just whining which is why I put this post here.

Last night I was cutting fat quarters to do Chop and Sew. The squares are supposed to be 18 x 18. I miss cut the first fq so had to reduce them to 17 x 17. That didn't upset me much.

What did upset is when I unfolded the next fat quarter and found it so poorly cut I almost did not get a 17 x 17 out of it.

Aren't fat quarters suppose to be 18 x 22? Anyone else have this darn problem?
Yep! This drives me nuts and I won't shop at a certain store because of this exact problem. Actually, I should say I won't buy their fat quarters. I have no problem buying their yardage. :lol:

I do know that Joann's will have a sale on their fat quarters and often it is because the warehouse cut them the wrong size. Gotta love it!

Originally Posted by littlehud
Everything is shrinking except me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me too! :|

Thanks Pat for the support on ripping fabric. I happen to prefer this method because when ripped, it follows the exact grain line and you end up with a straighter piece. I was amazed when I saw a video showing just how stretched out the fabric gets when it is being created, dyed, and put on the bolt. :shock: Get it home, wash and dry it, and often I will loose 3-4 inches along one side just squaring the piece up. I don't have these problems when the fabric is ripped. Sadly, I can't get anyone here to do that for me. I get these horrified looks and shocked murmurs from anyone who overhears. :roll: :P