View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Roben

Woohoo! I picked up Gertie, my Designer 1, from the sewing machine doc on Saturday, and we've spent the last couple of days getting re-acquainted :D I know I was thinking of selling her (I was really mad at the dealer) but now - I'm way to much in luv! She is sewing like she was always meant to, and the difference is phenomenal.

The repair guy really, really took mercy on me - only $83 in labor and she's been there since 5/6. He fixed all the out of whack adjustments and replaced a boatload of parts. She zipped right thru some Free Standing Lace designs at full speed and didn't even blink :thumbup: I can now do a perfect scant quarter-inch seam without the fabric fishtailing!

I'd be perfectly happy - but someone needs to tie my hand behind my back, really. I keep reaching for the presser foot lever and Gertie doesn't have one! (Yes, you can sure mentally picture me reaching for a non-existent presser-foot lever - and laugh hard, 'cuz its funny!) I've been doing all my piecing on the smaller machine, and got back into the habit of reaching for that danged lever :roll:

Since the WIP's I have were started on the other machine, I should finish them on it as well. So I'm off to find a new project :D