View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:00 PM
candi

Originally Posted by Chele
There are no dumb questions candi. If you read the guidelines on the first page of this thread you'll get an idea of a doll/miniature/little quilt. I run a loose ship, so I'm not going to have you measure anything, but we're not talking lap quilt size. Just create a small version of a quilt. You can downsize traditional blocks, use a big block for the center, get crazy with improvisational piecing, do some fun applique, make a baby bargello, etc., etc. It's all up to you. If you're a beginner, stick with something you can handle. I don't want anyone stressing over this. It's supposed to be fun.

I started this swap so everyone could be creative in their own way or ability and that we could meet new friends. This swap will always encourage new quilters. We've all been there. If you're looking for a perfect quilt, please try another swap. We're all about encouraging each other and making fun quilts. Plus, us newbies get to practice our skills.

I've been amazed at the creativity. Give it a try if you're on the fence. You can use scraps from your stash and play. Your partner will love what you create. Just have fun and forget about exact cutting, perfect skills and stress.

Long live the doll quilt swap!
Thanks, Chele. I knew the swap is for little quilts and not lap quilts, and I looked through some of the photos posted (many amazing quilts), but I just heard the different names and wondered if these names represent different quilt types. I was told I can't call myself a beginner anymore :mrgreen: although I do feel that I am still feeling my way through it. I think I'll pass on the August swap, watch what creative members post and look forward to join in September (after settling from a work move we are taking this week).
Thanks Chele for hosting the swap and thanks all for participating and giving the rest of us inspiration.