View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I was asked today to consider posting patterns for doing a Dear Jane type quilt only using my quilt blocks.

So here goes! My shortcuts allow you to do intricate looking quilt blocks with easy steps. So don't let the look of the quilt blocks scare you off. When you know the tricks of the process you will enjoy making these.

You don't have to make them small. You can make them six 1/2" or you can make a 12 1/2" quilt block. Your choice.

You will need a template and a ruler with a 30 degree angle or you can use the free templates I send out. If you don't have them and would like to request them send me a pm

PLEASE STATE IN YOUR MESSAGE WHAT SIZE TEMPLATES YOU WOULD LIKE

The size template you need will depend on the size of quilt block you want to make.

Template sizes:
Six block by Six block
Use a 1 1/2" to get a six 1/2" unfinished quilt block
Use a 2 1/2" to get a 12 1/2" unfinished quilt block
4 by 4 quilt block
Use a 2" template to get a six 1/2" quilt block
Use a 3 1/2" template to get a 12 1/2" quilt block

We will be using my Boston Blocks and my Star Point Blocks. Each week we will use differant blocks. I have several differant "Blocks" to use.

You can find the directions for these here
Boston Blocks - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38879-1.htm
Half Square Template Blocks
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37915-1.htm

I will be posting 3 quilt blocks each Monday. How many we end up with I still don't know for sure. Since I don't make large quilts that is something I still need to figure out.

These quilt blocks are in a six block by six block pattern or a 4 by 4 pattern. I am including the layout of each quilt block so you can see each Boston or Star Point Block and you can see how they are placed. If you have a question be sure to ask.

Boston Block Figure 8 quilt block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70197[/ATTACH]

Layout for the Boston Block Figure Quilt block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70198[/ATTACH]

StarPoint quilt block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70202[/ATTACH]

Layout for the Star Point quilt block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70204[/ATTACH]

Star Point on Point
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70205[/ATTACH]

Starpoint on Point layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70206[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70192.jpe   attachment-70193.jpe   attachment-70197.jpe   attachment-70199.jpe   attachment-70200.jpe  

attachment-70201.jpe  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-11-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: link needs to be to a QB thread