Thread: Road Trip
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Up North

Yesterday I kidnapped my BFF who does not sew and we took off on a little road trip. Gaylord Michigan has a huge Ben Franklin store and we wanted to start there. OH my I thought I had died and gone to the Fabric store in the sky!! What a wonderful selection, Lots of name brands Most everything was 7.99 a yard and the clerk was wonderful. Tons of panels, placemats, aprons, fabric book panels, wallhanging you name it! A whole isle. I only purchased two pieced for aprons but got a ton of free pattern leaflets. WE spend the day wandering this adorable town, checked out a couple thrift shops, no sewing machines to be found :( Had a great grinder for lunch. After spending all day wandering we headed for home, Yacking and laughing along the way. All of a sudden up ahead I see the Mackinac Bridge!!
I had drove right past our exit 30 miles back!! Well I did get off before I had to cross the bridge but barely, I am still laughing. Needless to say supper was a bit later than planned and I want to go back real soon!! If you have never been there and are in Michigan it is well worth the trip over. Gaylord is right along side I75 very easy town to get in and out of!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70313.jpe