View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:37 AM
rwquilts

My DH & I used to take our kids camping for our summer vacations many years ago...something we could afford and we all loved to camp...we had things down to an art...I even had a portable kitchen sink/table which was waaay cool! Now we're empty nesters and have recently moved back to the Northwest and downsized our camping equipment majorly! We wanted to know if we could camp without our kids (DH married me with 4 kids and we had one more together), so we went this past weekend...wwweeeeeelllllll...I think we picked a bad weekend to go...the temps were off the charts and I'm NOT a hot weather person...by noon, it was goodbye shade and hello hot, dry, sunshine beating down on us! We went into town and hung out in the local Dairy Queen for a while and did a bit of shopping, but eventually, we had to go back to our camsite and still had several more hours of fun sunshine...two times I even got in the car and turned on the A/C...also had one of those misting water spray bottles with a mini fan? Finally cooled off after midnight...can you spell "stupid me"? I let my DH talk me into a place called, get this - "Hellgate Canyon"! LOL! On the good note, we did discover that we still love to camp and that we can relax more and just do nothing and have a great time if the weather cooperates! :-)

What's your story?