View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by crafter005
Thank you for such a touching story. Sometimes older people get grumpy but I don't think they mean it. Often they say what they want and don't care what others think and may not word it carefully.

I am sure this is the case here. Maybe if and when you send her a quilt, she will crochet a blanket for your husband. Maybe she doesn't even realize that she did??? Probably no way to know.

God's love covers a lot and so are you for deciding to make the quilt for her. You are a good person.
I guess she's always been a grumpy lady. I'm not going to take it personal. I decided to believe that this is God allowing me to help a lady in her mid 80s who just lost her husband, has a very sick son who lives with her, and she strikes me as scared and lonely. If I throw a fit about a quilt, that would just make me very petty. Heck, I imagine I'm going to be a bit of a bugger at 80 so I'm not going to hold it against her. ;)

I sound all nice about it now that I had a chance to process it, but I have to admit that I was quite a bit put out at first and just surprised at the reaction. Evidently I was patting myself on the head a bit too much and expecting everyone else to do the same. It sure brought me down a peg or two. :lol: