View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:33 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Oh boy do I have camping memories. And you are right the disasters at the time are much more memorable then when everything goes right. One trip was with all of my husbands family. He has 4 sisters and 2 brothers and all of their kids. We each trickled into the campground at our own pace and his younger brother and his brood of wife and 3 sons got there after dark. He didn't take very good care of his equipment and had one of those old canvas tents that he stored in a shed over winter that was obviously not water tight. We all stood around with flashlights so he could see to pitch the tent. First unroll of the tent, what is that smell?? As he unrolled it more and more you could see the tent was full of mold and holes. We called it the radioactive tent as I swear some of the molds were glowing in the dark. Needless to say it was unusable. Someone had an extra pup tent to lend them for the weekend. Family of 5 sleeping in a little pup tent. DH's poor brother was the butt of every joke that weekend.