View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:54 AM
raptureready

We used to go camping in a small trailer. I'm claustraphobic--not good. I didn't enjoy it. I worked all week long (after my regular job and taking care of a small child) to get everything ready. When we got to the camp site my dh "set up camp" by plugging the camper into the electrical outlet and putting the jacks under each end to steady it. My job was to set out the chairs, roll out the canopy, start the fire, cook supper. After supper it was my job to clean up while he sat. After all, we were on a relaxing weekend. The next morning while he slept I had to cook breakfast, then clean up, then lunch then clean up, cook supper then clean up. Plus make the beds, keep the camper straightened up, take care of dd. All the work of home with few of the ammenities. Then when we got home I got to clean everything. Nope, not my idea of a good time. The one time I thought I could enjoy it and took a small sewing machine he had a fit! NO, no way was I going to sew, we had to go for a hike in 90 degree heat and humidity almost as bad. Never went again. We still have the camper, it's full of RC airplanes.