View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Up North

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
ahhhhhhhhhhhh camping ---------- I remember YEARS ago, we would drive to Dinky Creek in California, pitch a tent, make it cozy inside and then explore the flora and fauna around us. The smell of the pines, the feeling of freedom, the crisp air, the wonderful lake with our toes in the water looking for minnows and splashing around---THAT is the memory I WANT to keep.......BUT......DH is NOT a camper. he wants a BED, tv, kitchen....stupid me - - I convinced him to go with our 2 daughters. Well, we got to our site and Mr Happy was ddetermined NOT to have a good time no matter what!!
hm, I thought, feed him and he will feel better. I opened up the picnic basket to take out the spaghetti and started warming it up - my it was smelling yummy.....oh oh....there was a breeze.....a gentle breeze........oops, a leaf went drifting into the pot...........OH MY!! dh saw that, said we WERE LEAVING!!!HE WAS NOT EATING TREES FOR DINNER!!!!We were forced to pack up and head on down the hill..........needlesstosay, we, as a family, have NOT been camping together, but I have taken our daughters separately, and had a ball!!
LOL Camping IS all about eating leaves a few bugs and poison Ivy! Bugs are Protein!! Just ask my 3 year old grandson! He recently decided Ants were a great snack! His mom had a fit!!! Now when he catches one we ask him what he is going to do with it. Usually he just pets them and lets them go. So funny to watch!! And we all should eat leafy greens!! My Husband isn't much of a camper either, He leaves and goes to work comes grills dinner and then plays cards with the boys, I do all the packing, and work at the campground but I was raised in the great outdoors and have camped since I was a baby, As have my Children. Baby #5 was 5 weeks old. What an easy age for camping!!! My grands talk about it all year long!!