View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
crafter005

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by crafter005
Thank you for such a touching story. Sometimes older people get grumpy but I don't think they mean it. Often they say what they want and don't care what others think and may not word it carefully.

I am sure this is the case here. Maybe if and when you send her a quilt, she will crochet a blanket for your husband. Maybe she doesn't even realize that she did??? Probably no way to know.

God's love covers a lot and so are you for deciding to make the quilt for her. You are a good person.
I guess she's always been a grumpy lady. I'm not going to take it personal. I decided to believe that this is God allowing me to help a lady in her mid 80s who just lost her husband, has a very sick son who lives with her, and she strikes me as scared and lonely. If I throw a fit about a quilt, that would just make me very petty. Heck, I imagine I'm going to be a bit of a bugger at 80 so I'm not going to hold it against her. ;)

I sound all nice about it now that I had a chance to process it, but I have to admit that I was quite a bit put out at first and just surprised at the reaction. Evidently I was patting myself on the head a bit too much and expecting everyone else to do the same. It sure brought me down a peg or two. :lol:
The important thing is that you don't take it personally. I am sure she is lonely and scared especially if her son is sick too. She probably feels like the whole world is against her. Just be grateful that God has given you the opportunity. I believe that what goes around comes around. I will probably be cranky at 80 too.