View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:26 PM
mypatookis

Originally Posted by Fel
I must admit I am disappointed with my babylock quilter's machine. The first time I used it, the walking foot fell apart. The dealer I purchased the machine from advised me to buy a Janome walking foot because it was "better made".

Be careful when you use this machine. The needle has two settings : one center and one slightly to the left. The default setting is to the left. If you use the quilting foot and don't center the needle it will snap. I learned this the hard way : The needle snapped on my machine and flew into my eye. I quickly changed the default setting to center, let me tell you.

I am now working on another quilt and am finding that the automatic thread cutter is not working at all. Soooo, tomorrow it will go back again to the dealer to see what is wrong this time.

Buyer Beware,

Fel
Fel, I have a baby lock espire. My sister gave me hers (thank you very much!) I am wondering how you set the needle default to center. I can't find instructions for doing that. I can move the needle to center, but the next time I turn the machine on, it goes back to left. I would LOVE to change the default on my machine. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Sue