Thread: FMQ question
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:40 PM
nursie76

Originally Posted by VernaL
I just took a fmq class from Sue Nickels and she doesn't recommend going very fast either. She says just go at a speed that you feel comfortable with. She's an excellent teacher by the way. I do know that you should practice A LOT and that will give you more control over hand and foot speed when you do your actual fmq. I'm also taking a fmq class at my local Bernina dealer to learn to use my Bernina Stitch Regulator. I don't know if I will prefer using that or just the regular fmq without that special option.
Verna in So Cal.
I was just at a lecture/demonstration by Sue Nickels in May. She is great! I got so much from her lecture and demo. I can hardly wait to finish up my WIP's so I can start an applique piece using her raw edge technique that really doesn't leave any obvious raw edges.

Cminor - good luck with your FMQ. Sounds like you are motivated and have made a great start. I have only done a little and that was with my Bernina Stitch regulator, but I have been encouraged by the results. I do know that practice is the key!