View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Connie Merritt

I have the same problem. I have a few hobbies such as quilting, crocheting, knitting, painting so I have taken over some space in two rooms. When I made a comment to him about all his "hoarding" he said "don't you do the same thing with you material?" Let me tell you what he has taken over. First of all the entire garage (no place to park my car in the winter, then there is a small shed (full also), then there is a pole barn (I am not sure the size but you could park 4 cars in it easily. All of this is filled to capacity plus there is basement space (not a lot here thank you). I will not allow him to bring anything into the house; so you know now where it ends up. He is a hoarder (with wood, tools, nails (jars and jars of these), glue, and whatever has to do with MANLY remodeling stuff. He is now going on 74 years with RA and too darn old and hurting to be able to use 1/10 of the "Saved" material. At least I don't have to look at it because I NEVER to into those places, scary. Just his little kingdom of stuff. All is not terrible just cluttered (outside not in the house. If I could figure out how to send pictures I could show the scenes. His motto "I will already have it when I need it"; so then why the trips to Home Depot (I know why, its because he is unable to find what he then needs. All in all he does not compain of my stuff or my messes or if I work alot on my hobbies. So no need for me to complain because I don't see his stuff. Sorry for the long note, good time for me to sort of vent. Thanks for the space here. Love all of you and this site.