View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Carol in Colorado

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by Carol in Colorado
Thanks for the idea!! I have some of that very same fabric and now I know what to do with it.
Which fabrics do you have? I have to say, they're not very nice quality and feel like cardboard to me:< But, it's good to get them used up and out of my stash! For the backing I'm using a gold LQS fabric that although it feels nice, has some "errors" in it so I got it for cheap. I figure the FMQ will disguise and printing boo-boos.
I have the candy canes and holly fabrics. Each one in several colors. I bought the fabrics from my niece when she was selling all of her mom's quilting supplies. (My sister-in-law was killed in a car crash a few years ago.) I agree that a lot of the fabric isn't real good quality and that's probably why I haven't used them. I did make a couple of table runners but still have a lot left. I also got a lot of other fabrics too. My niece was trying to get rid of a crazy amount of stuff, so I ended up buying a serger, some quilting tools, and about 300 yds of fabric. Most of it in 3 to 5 yard pieces. I'll probably never get it all used up, but I'm having lots of fun trying!!