View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 AM
angelarose

I've been quilting for 2 yrs. I'm 65 yrs. old. I sew in a spare bedroom and keep supplies and fab. there. I bought a Janome, rather basic sewing machine which I love. I've made about 5 quilts, taken a quilting class for 5 weeks. Two of the quilts still have to be batted and backed. They're beatiful tops, but what is it about the final steps of completing a quilt that I read so many are guilty of. Is it a psychological "thing" or what. I truly want to know what it really is: why so many quilt tops are yet to be made into the final sandwich?
Also, oh boy! One of my unfinished projects is a Yellow Brick Road pattern of batiks and other complementary fabrics. Then I purchase some lime Minkee for the backing. No batting necessary I was advised. So I stitched in the ditch....A very hard technique for me to accomplish. I used a walking foot, too. I fail in keeping my stitching right in the ditch. Frustrating. I've ripped out hundreds of stitches. Any advice on sewing straight stitches in a ditch???????????