View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 05:37 AM
Chele

Originally Posted by Janis
Chele, how many quilters did you have in the first doll quilt swap? I'm just wondering how much it has grown in a little more than a year. By my count, we have about 80 in so far for August. Is that about right? Thank you for starting something that has been such fun for all of us!!! We appreciate you!!!
I love statistics! We had 12 swappers for the very first swap in May 2009. The June 2010 has been our largest with 85 swappers. We have 82 signed up for August, so it's going to be close!

More info if you're a nerd like me: Over 200 board members have participated, as of July nearly 1,500 miniature quilts have been swapped. We've had swappers from America, Australia, Canada, England, France, Ireland, Japan and New Zealand.

For our second swap we did an additional swap with some of youme's sewing buddies in Japan. For our November/December swap we had secret partners. In January we made quilts representative of where we lived. The May 2010 swap had a charity challenge and we sent 20 quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. In the July 2010 swap we had a few themes you could choose from (or not!). I have a huge list of themes everyone submitted so we'll probably have some optional themes in the future as well.

I think we've all had lots of fun making and receiving quilts and meeting more members on the board. The newbies have become swap veterans and the veterans are always willing to offer assistance, advice and encouragement. kwhite and myself have participated in all the swaps, but there are plenty who have participated in almost all of them. We also have a huge list of angels who provide quilts for those who did not receive quilts.

Here are photos of May, June and July's quilts: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51979904@N03/

Long live the doll quilt swap, or until I pass out!

Chele ;-)