Thread: Hello Everyone
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 AM
quikquilt

Hello Everyone,

I took up quilting early 80s and stop and start a lot due to other hobbies that I have. My first and most passion is sewing, I made all of my clothes to wear to work (office enviornment). I do love quilting though. I have so many projects going and so many projects I want to start, I don't think I'll live long enough to get them done. A couple years ago I got hooked on knitting too. I have a queen size Grandmother's Fan quilt in progress on the quilting frame that I've started late 80s or there about, still quilting on it, I have maybe three quarters done. Meantime, I finished a double size quilt for my neice after 17 years. I started it when she was a baby that's when it was a twin size then I added more to make it a double size as the years go by. I thought I better finish it before I have to make it to a king size. Anyway, I machine-quilted it and it was my first attempt ever and I did struggled with it. I'm just glad I got it done for her. That was during pre-Christmas of 2007. In between those time, I've made several wall-hangings and cloth dolls.

I'm happy to find this wonderful group of quilters here on the Quilting Board. I really enjoyed reading all of your comments.