Thread: Job Interview
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 09:02 AM
mochasue

Good morning all. I have been at the same job for 16 years now. It is in construction and I am the office manager. Well, it is very slow and very boring. So....I have been looking for a new job. I just got a job interview at a nursing home as an office manager. First of all, my current job has gone to part time (20 hrs). I only work 3 days a week, but the pay is very good. This new job will be 40 hours a week but only $13 per hour. I'm sure there will be raises and such, but the biggest problem is that when I walked into the facility it smelled so bad. Kind of like bleach and cabbage. Will I get used to that? The other problem is that I will only be making about $100 more a week and working 20 more hours. Is that really worth it? I am just so bored at my current job. My boss is fabulous and l love them like my family. I doubt I will ever gain my hours back. Big bonus at current job is that I get to quilt on my days off. Sat-Tue. What do you think. Is it worth leaving and getting into another career?