View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 09:07 AM
pittsburgpam

I cannot stand carpeting!!! It's dirty, linty, dusty, and there is nothing worse than stairs with carpet!! I have oak hardwood in the kitchen and family room but it is too soft and everything seems to make a mark on it. Plus it has that little beveled edge between the slats which just grosses me out to have that in the kitchen!! Worse thing ever to have little crevases in a kitchen floor.

My oldest daughter came and got the full sized bed and the side tables from one of my bedrooms so all that is in there now is my long arm machine. So... I decided that I'm going to start doing carbonized bamboo flooring, which is what I have wanted. Going to start in that room, then I can move my sewing room furniture in there, do the floor in the sewing room room, move my home office furniture out, do that room, etc. etc.

They are individual rooms so it won't matter if there are slight differences in the flooring if I get the same manufacturer and color. When I get to doing the hallway and stairs that run together I can get all of it at once.

I have wanted this for so long and if I do a room at a time it won't take a big bite out of my budget. I did LOTS of Pergo by myself in my last house so I have experience and it's not that hard to do.