Thread: Job Interview
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Jim's Gem

Hmmmm. My current job (where I am at the moment) I am only working 19 hours a week. 3 days. But this is my choice. We don't need the income from my working more. I could work 30 hours if I wanted to, they certainly would love it if I did. I do work more during tax season because this is an accounting firm. I make $21 an hour plus some benefits. I personally don't want to work more hours, so I would say stay and enjoy your time off.
However, 99% of the time I am not bored. I have the phones and people and numbers that need working with. Occasionally I have days like today where the boss is out of the office and there is not much work for me to do but they need me here in case someone calls or comes by.
Is there something else you can do at your work so you won't be so bored? Are you allowed to bring in some hand work to do?
I wish I could quit and quilt and volunteer some more but I have a daughter getting married in October and I have to be able to pay for this wedding somehow (400 guests!!)