View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 10:32 AM
PghPat

I just went and rethreaded the bobbin and machine - following the book. I'm 99.9% sure they are right. I tried adjusting
the top tension but I'm afraid of messing with the bottom tension. In fact, this is the first time I even touched the top tension. I guess I'm still afraid - stemming back to high school days (OVER 50 years ago) that we would be dead meat if we ever touched the tension.

Can someone maybe tell me what mode number it should be on - that is all very confusing to me.

I am trying to make the patchwork sweatshirt jacket that UglyCook made and put the wonderful tutorial on this forum - a great step by step with pictures. I am almost halfway done with mine - doing it on my old machine. I just know how much faster it will be on the 6600 - having the needle up/down and the automatic cutting of the thread.

Sad part is that all the hours I have spent today I could have been almost done - LOL. But, oh well, I have to learn sooner or later - and I sure don't want to wait until Sept. Sure wish I had a local friend with a 6600 for some pointers.