View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Chris Mac

Hi, I'm Chris from Seattle. I used to belong to this probably 10 years ago or so. It was the best forum to learn so much about quilting.
I've been making quilts for over 25 years now. My favorite is in the creation of the quilt top, piecing, and doing interesting quilt backs. I like the idea of 2 quilts in one!
I used to send my quilts to a place in Missouri that would quilt a pantograph. For my quilts it was sufficient. Unfortunately they just closed their business.
I even owned a quilting machine but since I'm working full time I didn't take the time to learn so I donated it to a local Project Linus group. Now, I'm wondering if I was too hasty.
I just got 2 back from the quilters and totally loved the one, and other, I'm chiding myself that I think I could've done what she did with my own sewing machine. But in reality, I didn't have the inspiration and could only think of "stitching in the ditch", and knowing I don't follow lines very closely. Anyways, I'm looking for another quilter who does pantographs.
That's me in a nutshell....