View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 05:50 PM
trupeach1
Banned

Originally Posted by sandpat
Peachie....I have a theory on the "why NO veggies"....I think the bee problem has contributed greatly to all of our garden problems. I had this problem with my beans...tons of blooms...no beans. I planted a lot of Zinnias in the garden and I had been cutting them so I could enjoy them inside the house. I quit cutting them and left them in the garden to attract bees and since then...I have had lots of beans.

Early on this year, when I went to the garden I didn't see or hear anything buzzing around like you normally do. I don't know if this is right or not...but its my theory and I'm sticking to it. If it gets really bad...I guess I'll rent a hive! :shock:

You could be right. This is only the second time I have planted veggies since moving to Ohio and the last one as the same. In NY I had a great garden but there were not farms around. This sounds crazy but I never see any bees in the summer, wasps yes bees no. However come fall and the farmers plow under the gardens then it is a free for all with bees they are all over the place. I think they stick to the farms where there are more blossoms in the spring and summer.