View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 05:05 AM
Betty

Hi Becky, Your hubby works at a Habitat store?!.... :mrgreen: What a lucky girl you are. That man needs a list.....tell him, if you have something that is this size and would do this, call me so I can come look at it. I don't yard sale much, if I have a navigator with me I might once in awhile but one of my pet peeves is to get behind someone who is looking at someones' yard, not the road and just totally forgets about driving, so I tend to not do it myself. I know! You just get caught up in the moment. I have gotten a lot of new fabric at Hospice Thrift, I expect some poor souls' stash that the family donates after they pass. Or at the Goodwill or Salvation Army stores. I sometimes think of it as someone else is determining what will be in my stash. LOL Makes for a lot of variety though. It's like a treasure hunt as you never know what is waiting for you there that day. I got an old beat up singer box with the lid hanging off for $4 that was chock full of different plates and feet. Most of which I don't even know what they do but they all go on my machine so will test and find out. Hospice is one of my favorite thrifts as it is the older folks, present company included, that have kept on sewing and crafting over the years and have the neatest little gadgets. Have also found some of the oddest, no longer made kitchen tools that way, old cookie cutters, which I now understand are a collectible. Their families just pitch them out, which I kinda find sad. As for waiting for Spring, I hate to be one of those Floridians but we don't necessarily have to do that here. O, another source is your local senior center for yard sales, thrifts, too. Happy hunting. 8) Betty