View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Melinda in Tulsa

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Ok so how is everyone elses garden doing?????????? I have 1 eggplant yet 2 HUGE BEAUTIFUL eggplant plants. 2 green bell peppers 1 I picked last night to put in salad tonight. HUGE BIG tomato plants and each plant has 4-6 tomatoes. There were tons of blossoms on all the plants but no veggies except the banana pepper plant. I had 1 plant and so far picked 8 peppers and there are lots of little ones still growing. What happened?????????? WHY NO VEGGIES??????????? I water every morning and evry night. I have feed and nurtured those plants and zippo, nada, nothing. I have green beans from the grcery I am making pickled green beans to can this afternoon. I made grape jelly, peach jam and blueberry jam yesterday, from store bought fruit. I have wild blackberry brambles, a huge patch, big beautiful and lush, not one blackberry. I am disapointed to say the least!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm kinda in the same boat as you with my little garden. I have 13 tomato plants, squash and zuccinni. This time last year I was overloaded with tomato's but this year, hardly anything. They get blooms and then they disappear. The grasshoppers this year are horrendous for me. I'm so disappointed too. Haven't even got enough tomato's for a plate of fried green tomato's, much less enough to anything else. :oops: :oops: :cry: