Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 PM
JoyVoltenburg

Here is my second customer quilt finished (my 5th quilt since getting my machine in March). This is my cousin's quilt (her mother's quilt was my first customer quilt). It was 101 x 77. I can see I'm going to have to invest in a better digital camera - I just can't take closeups very well and you can't see the quilting very well. This was a great quilt to do because all the sampler blocks I quilted differently. I did a lot of standing and staring at those blocks. Some I'm pleased with and will use the design again. Other blocks I wasn't quite as pleased with. All the 9 patch tween blocks were done in a feather circle, and the large blue sashings in between were feathered. I did an egg and dart inner border and tried a swag with figure eights and vertical stripes on the other border. I liked how it turned out. I need to work on my math a bit to get the spacing a bit better, but it looks good from a distance. She was pleased. In fact she dropped off another quilt for me to do and another from her mother too. I'm on vacation next week and plan to do one of mine first, then I'll start on theirs.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-68316.jpe   attachment-68384.jpe   attachment-68385.jpe   attachment-68480.jpe   attachment-68481.jpe