View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 PM
grammypatty7

Annya, now they are lucky if they do learn to sew ever or so it seems. I moved here with 1 sewing machine 5 years ago and now have 3. Of course I had to add a little one to take for classes and last fall had the opportunity to buy a new Pfaff Quilt 4.0 and love it. I kept my 6 year old Pfaff as a back up although he sure wanted it on trade in. Knowing I'd get spit for trade in I told him it would be worth it to me to keep it for when mine has to go into the shop. Each has a place in my life though. When we did our quilted sweat shirt class project I took my Pfaff in as I refuse to buy a walking foot for my little Baby Lock Maria. It's a good little work horse and great for piecing but if I'm quilting, I want m Pfaff with the built in walking foot and that's all there is to it. I didn't start sewing as young as you but sure was fascinated sitting and watching my Mother sew on her Singer Treadle Sewing Machine. She was a good seamstress and I have no clue where, when or how she learned as it was never mentioned.

Originally Posted by Annya
I am like you GrammyPatty7. My room houses my computer, sewing machines 2+ over locker plus another one coming cost about 6,000 and so much fabric that I don't know the value plus colored boxes to put my fat quarters color coded so I can find the right thing when needed. Storage boxes and10 plastic drawers, all full of fabric plus at the moment my table is full of fabric while I am making a quilt. I only clean up when I have finished the quilt. Don't know the total cost but I've been quilting for 10 years, but been sewing since 4yrs old. In those days you were taught to sew in pre-school. Now kids do not learn until they are in high school. I am now 58 .