View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 AM
grammypatty7

My new Pfaff would be manageable for most but I've had 5 major abdominal surgeries and no abdominal muscles left; hence the lighter machine but even the ladies who are strong and fit prefer to have a light weight one for class. The thing I love about my Pfaff's is they use the same feet which means I can go between them with ease as all of the seams will be the same. Never ever dreamed I'd own 3 machines but my Pfaff's were each under $2000. I couldn't believe that's all for my Pfaff Quilt 4.0. Have to run. Water aerobics. 6 days a week water aerobics and it's a 20 min. drive.
Patty

Originally Posted by Annya
I only learned the treadle machine when I got married, my mother in law only had that and she made and patched clothes on it. It went when she died 25 years ago. Good when the power went out. My little Janome is good and light for classes but Boy! the 6600p is a heavy machine. I agree you really need 2 so if some thing goes wrong and you are working on a project you can use the other one. The new one(for me) is a Brother, with ALL the cards, etc, that Vera bought during the time she had it. I don't mind $1500 for a second hand machine that the $10-12 thousand for a new one.I won't be taking that one far from home, it is heavy too, I am a pensioner and have to save for everything I want or need.