Thread: car repairs :(
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 05:07 AM
brushandthimble

Ok, this is sort of a vent, whinney feel sorry for myself.

On Monday I went to help a board member I meet from the board here. Thanks to her I have a small part time job. Just in time too.... On the way to her house my car was making a 'noise', which my husband hates to hear me complain. The also needed some work he was putting off having done. Well on the way home I stopped at the dealers and a tech went for a short drive with me to hear the noise.
My husband estimated repairs at $900.00, we left the car and the call the next day, drive shaft (I think thats what is called), plus brakes, etc. double hubby's estimate.
fast forward two more day, fixed the orginal problem, dealer tech took it for a short drive before calling us it is fixed. get the call yesterday, with that noise out of the way, they can hear another one, NOT GOOD news, Now double the bill AGAIN for a new rear end. (4 wheel drive).
I LOVE my Escape, and no way can we buy a new car, so pay for this repair is our only option.
Can I say the dealer is awesome! They are working with us in anyway they can. They acknowledge we are great customers. I bought my Escape New from them in 2004 (it's a 2005), my son brought his LEMON to them, did not buy it from them.
Well this is long enough, and I don't want to continue to bore you.
thanks you letting me vent...
have a GREAT weekend:)