View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Bottle Blonde

I worked a stressful full-time job outside the home for years --- am married and had 4 children at home.

Every Saturday all 6 of us did household chores for 2 hours....whatever got done, got done - whatever didn't...well, it didn't! With 6 people working for 2 hours was equal to 12 hours of housework - pretty much everything got done including yard work. I made a list for everyone and made sure no time was wasted.

I always took hand work to my job and worked on it at break and lunchtime --- that managed to get me thru the day! I would then take it with me to all the sport activities my kids were involved in.... believe me - I went to a lot of stuff all year round. I have the worst case of bleacher butt!

I am a night owl and run on very little sleep and I like my alone time. I always stayed up late to read or work on projects, that was ME time.

I have always lived far away from my extended family so I didn't have to deal with doing last minute favors for other people. But I always had a 24 hour household rule...if I didn't know about it at least 24 hrs in advance --- it didn't happen. No last minute sleep overs, no last minute baking for school, no last minute ANYTHING! This worked out great for me once the kids got used to it.

You may check with your local resources....some LQS offer sit n sew time or have monthly groups that pay a flat fee to use the store classrooms. You might be able to get into a scheduled routine away from the house and get a lot done that way.

I feel your pain --- I really do! Good luck --- where there is a will, there is a way!