View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:35 AM
raptureready

Way back when I used to work full time I made "me" time. By 8pm stepkids were fed, bathed and in bed. I then got two hours of me time. First thing I did after getting up was to put a load of laundry in the washer, after getting breakfast ready and the kids up I put it in the dryer. Then the kids and I got dressed, they went to the sitter, I went to work. When we got home I did another load of laundry, fixed supper, picked up the house a little, helped with homework and soon it was my favorite time of the day---bedtime. After that I would paint, sew, or work on whatever I wanted to do. The kids helped sort laundry, do dishes, clean house so it wasn't all that bad. My DH was an OTR truck driver and only home for a day or so on the weekends so it was all on me and I still managed. You can do it, just organize it so that nothing piles up on you. And if you have children have them help. By age 8 the kids could sort laundry, do dishes, help cook supper, set the table, fold clothes, put their own laundry away, dust, etc. We really do our children a disservice by not having them help with daily household chores. My step kids have thanked me many times for teaching them how to do the things that we did. They said at the time they thought I was mean because none of their friends had to do things like that. However they appreciate it now. They even had to help with grocery shopping and putting the groceries away.