Thread: Recent projects
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 AM
pgthom

BFF's daughter just had her second child, a boy. Big sis is not quite 2. Made fish blanket and accessories for baby and I Spy blanket for big sister. I used a cheater panel for the front and flannel for the back of the baby blanket. Made matching receiving blanket and burp cloths.

For the I Spy, I used juvenile prints in pairs of matching blocks. She loves "monkees!" so I had to include those. Intent is to improve eye hand co ordination, language, and reasoning skills. Plus just be fun of course! Cotton back, flannel batt.

Last is the music tote I made for my "chosen sister" Becky. She mentioned needing a bag to carry her church music, as she is the pianist at service. Found the perfect print, had the brown in my stacks, and made this for her. She has used it a lot, and said she receives lots of comments.

Backing is pin dot flannel. Green print is receiving blanket, behind are burp cloths.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68246[/ATTACH]

I Spy quilt. 8 prints for patches, wrap around binding of striped cotton. Flannel batt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68247[/ATTACH]

Inside. Used the co ordinating small print for lining, and added a pocket.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68253[/ATTACH]

Perfect print for outside pocket. Used extra stiff interfacing, so self standing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68264[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-68241.jpe   attachment-68242.jpe   attachment-68248.jpe   attachment-68259.jpe